|AI Type||The Divine Light AI|
|Damage||24 / 21 (contact)|
20 (Healing barrier)
|Max Life||4200/ 6000|
"You have activated my sacred altar... but you are not one of my disciples... and thus I see you as an enemy. Leave this fortress! and never return!"
The Divine Light is a Pre-Hardmode boss for the Sky Fortress. It is intended to be fought at around the same time as Queen Bee. Compared to Queen Bee, this boss has more health and defense, but it does less damage.
While The Divine Light is alive, the music Higher Being will play.
The Divine Light is summoned by using a Pendant of the Sky God at the Fortress's altar.
The Divine Light will constantly fly through the Sky Fortress, trying to get away from the player. Its movement will get faster if the player is closer and slower if they are farther away. If it reaches the edge of the fortress, then it will teleport to the other side of the player and start moving in the opposite direction. If the player stays too far away from the boss for too long, the boss will rapidly regenerate at a rate of 60 health per second until the player gets closer.
The boss will pick a random attack every 2 seconds:
- It has a 1/2 (or 2/3 if healing barrier is already active) chance of firing 3 Barrier Spread projectiles in a spread. These projectiles will delete friendly projectiles and give Potion Sickness for 10 seconds, or extending it by 10 seconds if the player already has it.
- It has a 1/6 chance of firing 7 large stationary Deflect projectiles in a large spread. If a friendly projectile touches one of these, it will be replaced with a deflected projectile that can damage the player, dealing 100% / 200% of the reflected projectile's damage.
- It will have a 1/6 chance of shooting 5 / 9 high velocity bouncing Caelite Saw projectiles that inflict Caelite Wrath for 10 / 20 seconds, reducing the damage that the player deals by 20%.
- Below 50% HP: If a healing barrier isn't active, it will have a 1/6 chance of summoning 2-8 Healing Barriers that orbit it. If the player doesn't destroy these barriers within 15 / 12 seconds, the boss will consume them to recover roughly 1-100 HP for every barrier left.
When the player approaches The Divine Light (initiating the battle):
The Divine Light says the following in sequence:
- "You have activated my sacred altar... but you are not one of my disciples... and thus I see you as an enemy. Leave this fortress! and never return!"
- "... so be it"
- "Fool, your pride shall bring your end..."
The Divine Light says this on future summons:
- "What part of 'NEVER RETURN' did you not understand? Such foolishness will bring forth your demise..."
The Divine Light says this if the player leaves the fortress during the introduction sequence:
- "now do not bother coming back!"
The Divine Lights says this if the player gets too far away from it:
- "Either you're slower than a mollusket or you're trying to heal, you know I'll do that if you don't keep up..."
- This is one of only two bosses in the mod that speaks, the other being Rune Ghost
Template:Qwerty's Bosses and Items/Master Template Characters