|AI Type||Trojan Squirrel AI|
|Damage||24 / 48 / 72|
|Max Life||800 / 1600 / 2400 Head |
450 / 900 / 1350 Arms
800 / 1600 / 2400 Main Body
2050 / 4100 / 6150 Total
The Trojan Squirrel does not spawn on its own and must be summoned by the player by using the Squirrel Coat of Arms.
The Trojan Squirrel is a grounded boss consisting of three damageable parts, being the head, arms, and body. Destroying the main body will defeat the boss. It alternates between two attacks in a fixed cycle:
- Fires four spreads of gravity-affected acorns towards the player. Destroying the Head will disable this attack
- Fires four grappling hooks towards the player, which retract on impact with solid tiles. Destroying the arms will disable this attack.
If an attack is unable to be performed, the Trojan Squirrel will instead run towards the player at a slightly faster speed.
- Gains two new attacks in its main attack cycle, performed after the original two:
- Throws a large number of squirrels in front of and above itself. The stream of squirrels thrown in front of itself will gradually get closer to itself, forcing the player near the boss. Destroying the Head will disable this attack.
- Throws a stream of arcing snowballs that sweeps outwards in front of the boss. Destroying the Arms will disable this attack.
- If brought to 50% HP, the main body becomes invulnerable until both the Arms and Head are destroyed.
- Running speed significantly increased.
- Quickly runs towards the player in between attacks.
- Can now leap at the player if they're above it.
- Projectiles and attacks are faster overall.
- The chains of the grappling hooks are electrified, causing the whole chain to do damage instead of just the head.
- Once the head is destroyed, the running attack leaves behind trails of flaming sparks.
- Once the body is destroyed, fires 7 spreads of acorns instead of 4 and leap attacks create large explosions at the start and end of each jump.
- When only the main body is left, runs towards the player and leaps 3 times in succession if they are above it.
- Always fires 7 spreads of acorns.
- Fires 7 grappling hooks instead of 4.
- Speed of the acorn and squirrel attacks is significantly increased.
- Explosions from leaps are much bigger.
- Running speed with only its body significantly increased.
- While the boss is alive, the vanilla track Boss 1 (Otherworldly) will play.
- The Bestiary entry for Trojan Squirrel: "Built by squirrels, for squirrels! Made of woods collected from numerous lands. It fits a lot more squirrels that it appears"
- There is a upgraded version of this boss called Champion of Timber