|AI Type||Skeletron AI|
|Damage||70 contact, Skeletron Guardian|
56 Baby Guardian
1000 during the day
|Defense||10+25 per hand alive|
0+25 per hand alive while spinning
9999 during the day
The master of the dungeon can use its babies to attack! Which attack it uses depends on whether or not it's spinning. It'll also take a last stand, so be ready to run when you make the kill!
Skeletron has two main attack modes that alter its attacks and behavior throughout both of its phases: idle and spinning. It indicates that it's about to spin by spawning a red, spinning reticle on the player. When Skeletron begins a spin, it also spawns diagonal walls of Skeletron Guardians. While spinning, it sprays rings of Bones with increasing speed as its life decreases.
Under 75% health, Skeletron will enter phase 2.
Skeletron keeps all of its attacks from the previous phase and adds an attack for each state. While not spinning, Skeletron will fire wide V spreads of slowly accelerating Baby Guardians. As it's health decreases, the spreads get larger and more dense. There will always be a large empty space for the player to go through. This space occurs where the player originally was when Skeletron preformed the attack. While spinning, it'll spawn several Baby Guardians behind it, which then quickly home onto the player.
When Skeletron reaches 0 health, it'll enter a brief Dungeon Guardian state. During this, it will regain 50 health and 9999 defense, and it loses all other attacks except the Bone ring spam. It will start spinning as it slowly accelerates until reaching full speed. After this state is over, Skeletron will be defeated.
- Skeletron's Cursed Skulls are affected by accessories such as Tungsten Enchantment, due to them being the same projectile as the one from the Book of Skulls
- Skeletron drops a Suspicious Skull on spawn if it hasn't been defeated yet.
- Do not attempt to use this item to spawn Skeletron during daytime, as it will simply spawn a dungeon guardian, which is almost always lethal.
- Skeletron can naturally spawn in the Dungeon during Hardmode.
- Calamity will cause skeletron to become basically invincible due to the mod's defense rework causing skeletron in the dungeon guardian phase to actually take 0 damage from everything, and death mode completely nullifies all eternity mode changes except the dungeon guardian phase
- If the Eternity Mode Recolors option is turned on in the Mod Configurations menu, it resembles the Lich boss, specifically his second phase, from Enter the Gungeon.