The LumberJack is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The total amount of Wood gathered from chopped trees is at least 500.
Once he moves in the first time, the player will not need to chop more trees for him to respawn.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself by throwing hatchets.
|Boreal Wood||10||Always available.|
|Rich Mahogany||15||Always available.|
|Palm Wood||15||Always available.|
|Crystal Wood||20||If Crystilium is installed|
|Spooky Wood||50||If Pumpking has been defeated.|
|Ancient Wood||20||If Mod of Redemption is installed|
|Razewood||50||If Ancients Awakened is installed|
|Bogwood||50||If Ancients Awakened is installed|
|Oroboros Wood||50||If Ancients Awakened is installed|
|Emberbark||1||If Araghur, the Flare Serpent has been defeated.|
|Living Wood Wand||1||Always available.|
|Lumberjack Mask||1||Always available.|
|Lumberjack Body||1||Always available.|
|Lumberjack Pants||1||Always available.|
|The Lumber Jaxe||1||Always available.|
|Sharpening Station||10||Always available.|
The LumberJack's Tree Treasures option gives the player a critter depending on where, sometimes when, it was used. It can only be used once per day or night.
|Forest or Snow||"Back in the day, people used to forge butterflies into powerful gear. We try to forget those days... but here have one." or "These little critters are always falling out of the trees I cut down. Maybe you can find a use for them?"||Any Butterfly except Gold Butterflies or|
Grasshopper, Squirrel, Red Squirrel
|Forest or Snow at nighttime||"Chopping trees at night is always relaxing... well except for the flying eyeballs. Have one of these little guys to keep you company."||Firefly|
|Desert or Ocean||"While I was chopping down a cactus this thing leaped at me, why don't you take care of it?"||Scorpion, Black Scorpion|
|Corruption or Crimson||"The trees here are probably the toughest in this branch of reality.. Sorry, just tree puns, I haven't found anything interesting here."||Nothing|
|Jungle||"These mahogany trees are full of life, but a tree only has one purpose: to be chopped. Oh yea this fell out of the last one."||Buggy, Sluggy, Grubby, Frog|
|Hallow||"This place is a bit fanciful for my tastes, but the wood's as choppable as any. Nighttime has these cool bugs though, take a few."||Lightning Bug|
|Glowing Mushroom in Hardmode||"Whatever causes these to glow is beyond me, you're probably gonna eat them anyway so have this while youre at it."||Glowing Snail, Truffle Worm|
- The Lumberjack is a useful NPC to have when building as he eliminates the need to chop down trees for wood.
- He does not sell Dynasty Wood.
The Lumberjack can have the following names:
- The Tree Treasures option can be helpful to get critters that are used in enchantments, such as the Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly in the Iron Enchantment.
- The Portable Sundial can be used to skip the cooldown between Tree Treasures.
- "Dynasty wood? Between you and me, that stuff ain't real wood!"
- "Sure cactus isn't wood, but I can still chop it with me trusty axe."
- "You wouldn't by chance have any fantasies about me... right?"
- "I eat a bowl of woodchips for breakfast... without any milk."
- "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day!"
- "You won't ever need an axe again with me around."
- "I have heard of people cutting trees with fish, who does that?"
- "You wanna see me work without my shirt on? Maybe in 2030."
- "You ever seen the world tree?"
- "You want what? ...Sorry that's not the kind of wood I'm selling."
- "Why don't I sell acorns? ...I replant all the trees I chop, don't you?"
- "What's the best kind of tree? ... Any if I can chop it."
- "Can I axe you a question?"
- "Might take a nap under a tree later, care to join me?"
- "I'm an expert in all wood types."
- "I wonder if there'll be more trees to chop in 1.4."
- "Red is one of my favourite colors, right after wood."
- "It's always flannel season."
- "I'm glad my wood put such a big smile on your face."
When Dryad is present:
- "[Name of Dryad] told me to start hugging trees... I hug trees with my chainsaw."
When Nurse is present:
- "I always see [Name of Nurse] looking at my biceps when I'm working. Wonder if she wants some of my wood.
When Thorium is enabled:
- "Astroturf? Sorry I only grow trees on real grass."
- "Yew tree? Sakura tree? Nope, haven't found any."
- The Tree Treasures line "Back in the day, people used to forge butterflies into powerful gear. We try to forget those days... but here have one." is a reference to the Thorium Mod's now removed Butterfly Plague, which were used to craft several upgrades to the Butterfly Staff and a few enchantments.
- The line "I eat a bowl of woodchips for breakfast.. without any milk." is a reference to a quote from SpongeBob SquarePants, with nails being replaced by woodchips.
- The line "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day!" is a reference to Monty Python's 'The lumberjack song' with that being a line in the chorus.
- The name Paul is a reference to the folklore spun Lumberjack Giant named Paul Bunyan.
- The Lumberjack wondering if there will be wood added in 1.4 is a reference to the Journey's End update to Terraria.
- According to Deviantt's dialogue when LumberJack is present, he is likely unbelievably powerful, to the point where even trying to fight him is meaningless.
- This was also referred in previous versions of the mod when it had it's own lore from Deviantt's former lore quotes.
- Judging by Mutant's dialogue when LumberJack is present, Mutant is extremely afraid of him.
- 0.6.0.0: introduced.