|AI Type||Champion of Spirit AI|
|Damage||125 / 250 / 375|
|Max Life||550,000 / 1,100,000 / 1,650,000|
~50% Damage reduction on hands
"A strong spirit stirs..."
Champion of Spirit does not spawn on its own and must be summoned by the player by using the Sigil of Champions in the Desert biome while in the Underground layer. When spawned, an animation will play of the dormant Champion of Spirit dropping on top of the player, before growing its arms and activating.
Champion of Spirit’s attacks are all based on the Force of Spirit’s enchantments.
Only gains boosted stats.
- Gains a small aura arena where it grabs players if they go outside of it for too long.
- Gains a third phase at 1 health.
Champion of Spirit follows a set pattern of attacks, repeating after completing the final attack. Its four hands do contact damage (except when transitioning between attacks) but can be attacked, although they'll take reduced damage compared to the body.
- Spits out multiple gravity affected bone crosses while shooting sandnadoes at the player’s current location that form shortly after.
- Begins waving its hands around and trying to grab the player with one of them. If it successfully grabs the player, it will pull them towards itself and drain their life force, dealing heavy constant damage while healing itself for a huge amount of HP. While grabbed, the player can mash the movement keys to break free early; an indicator resembling a d-pad being mashed will appear below them as a hint.
- Spawns multiple groups of hallowed swords around itself, which launch themselves towards the player shortly after and stick into walls as temporary hazards.
- Forms a protective shield (signified by a golden flash) that protects it from damage and reflects all non-minion projectiles (signified by golden explosions whenever a projectile hits the shield and is reflected), then shoots spreads of accelerating hands at the player while summoning homing shadowflames around them.
Champion of Spirit immediately goes into phase 2 after reaching 66% health.
Champion’s 1st phase attacks are improved as follows:
- The tornado shots now alternate between predictive and non-predictive.
- Now shoots spectral orbs that try to home into the player after some time.
- Now shoots rings of hands alongside the swords.
- Spits bone crosses that fly upwards and downwards during the shield attack.
Champion of Spirit goes into phase 3 after reaching 1 health in Eternity Mode.
Champion of Spirit goes invincible, then enters a last stand incorporating several of its prior attacks performed simultaneously. It will simultaneously extend its hands to grab players (and gain an extra hand for a total of 5), shoot sandnados at the player, and continuously spit gravity-affected bone crosses. If the player survives this and does not get grabbed for the duration, the Champion of Spirit dies immediately after the attack finishes. If it manages to grab the player and leech their health, it will go back into its second phase once this attack ends, but will not go back to its third phase when it reaches 1 health again.
- The music that plays during Champion of Spirit's battle is Ordeal by Sakuzyo.
- The Champion of Spirit's design draws heavy comparisons to the Generation 5 Pokemon Cofagrigus. Before it was recolored to be purple, it used to be primarily gold and blue, making the similarity even more apparent.
- The Champion of Spirit is inspired by the scrapped Mirage Mallah boss from Calamity Mod.
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, its unique despawn message will be "Champion of Spirit vanishes into the desert..."
- The Bestiary entry for the Champion of Spirit: "These lost souls regained higher intelligence by absorbing a Force. Not that it's going to stop eating humans any time soon."