|AI Type||Champion of Life AI|
|Damage||160 / 320 / 480|
|Max Life||35,000 / 70,000 / 105,000|
90% Damage Reduction
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (contact, arena border)|
|Debuff tooltip||You are cleansed|
"A wave of warmth passes over you..."
Champion of Life does not spawn on its own and must be summoned by the player by using the Sigil of Champions while in the Hallow biome during day. When summoned, an animation will play where a bright spark of light appears above the player, which intensifies before the spark transforms into the Champion of Life.
Champion of Life’s attacks are all based on the Force of Life’s enchantments.
- Increased stats.
- Gains a small arena border that loosely follows it around, dealing damage on contact and pulling players back in if they try to leave.
- Gains a third phase.
Champion of Life follows a set pattern, repeating after completing the final attack:
- Shoots a 3-armed spiral of bees. This spiral gradually spins faster, forcing players to dodge individual bees rather than following the spiral.
- Gets under the player (but cannot deal contact damage), then dashes upwards, leaving a trail of Lesser Pixies which wander around, trying to touch the player when they get close. A yellow circle will contract around the Champion during the charging time; the dash itself occurs when the ring fully contracts.
- Summons multiple walls of beetles on one side of the screen, which move towards the player’s direction from the other in zig-zagging walls.
- Shoots out multiple groups of fireballs around itself, which then home in on the player. On impact with surfaces or at the end of their lifetimes, the fireballs explode into showers of gravity-affected flaming sparks.
- Performs another pixie dash, then immediately starts shooting four clockwise spinning deathrays that constantly go in and out of tangibility.
- Shoots three barrages of cactus orbs at the player, which slow down before exploding into rings of gravity affected needles.
Champion of Life goes into phase 2 after reaching 33% health, gaining massive damage reduction until phase 2 begins.
The Champion of Life briefly pauses, heals back to 100% HP and resumes its attack pattern, but with its attacks improved as follows:
- Spiral is upgraded to have 4 arms.
- Performs the pixie dash faster.
- The beetle walls move faster.
- Shoots bigger groups of fireballs.
- Now shoots 6 spinning deathrays, which rotate even faster in the opposite direction.
- Shoots more cactus orbs in a more condensed fashion.
The Champion of Life goes into Phase 3 after reaching 33% health again in Eternity Mode. Once it hits 33% HP, it will gain massive damage reduction until it enters Phase 3.
During this phase, the Champion of Life heals to 33% HP if it has less, stops moving, and shoots 6 deathrays, half spinning clockwise and the rest counter-clockwise, which function the same as its other deathrays (in the sense that they constantly "flicker"). It also constantly shoots out rings of bees.
- The music that plays during Champion of Life's battle is Ordeal by Sakuzyo.
- The Champion of life takes 50% damage from all damaging debuffs.
- The Champion of Life has the lowest HP of all the Champions, with HP comparable to a late Hardmode boss, but compensates with extremely high damage reduction.
- The boss' design is based on the biblical depiction of angels, particularly Ophanim, Seraphim, and thrones.
- In game, the boss has a brightly glowing "core" of light that is not visible on its sprite.
- The boss' deathray attacks (both regular and final) resemble attacks used by the boss Irisu in the game Rabi-Ribi.
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, its unique despawn message will be "Champion of Life fades away..."
- Champion of Life: "Its feathers are said to be blessed relics that ward off nightmares. Has a low opinion of other lifeforms and is very territorial."
- Lesser Fairy: "Drawn to the Champion of Life's radiance, these pixies care for nothing but fulfilling its commands."
- 1.3.9: Introduced.