The Jelly Priestess is a NPC vendor who provides a selection of furniture and blocks for purchase, with new ones becoming available throughout the game. Upon talking to her, the player can choose from either her decoration or block shop, each one containing different wares.
In order to unlock her, after defeating the first tier of the Acid Rain, she will commonly spawn at the Sulphurous Sea on either land or underwater, but she will be tangled up in Sulphurous Vines, rendering her unable to move. Talking to her will free her and mark her as rescued, allowing her to move in on her own if she is killed instead of having to be found again.
The Jelly Priestess will only move in once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- She has been rescued.
Items Sold[edit | edit source]
Decorations[edit | edit source]
Blocks[edit | edit source]
Names[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
While homeless at daytime:
- "Being free from those vines is great and all, but I need a place to settle for my sculpting.";
- "Greetings, land creature! I rise from this old sea in hopes of traveling and finding a certain deity from the old times, from when the sea was a beautiful reign for many. Do you have any hint about where I could find them?"
During the daytime:
- "This place reeks of sadness, let me help you get the place better with some beautiful decorations will you."
- "I told you already, i'm not going back into that stinky sea to get you materials for your stuff... unless you have some extra change with you, of course."
- "I would love to decorate your place for free, but i require some coins for buying offerings you know?."
- "Oh, where i got this apron and tools from? It is all handmade by myself with resources from around my place! You learn to do this stuff over time with enough passion."
During the night:
- "Although the night sky makes things harder to see, some of my decorations can pierce the darkness with colorful light."
- "I actually have higher motivation to work at night, the moon reminds me of someone..."
- "I wonder if the deity I seek watches the moon like I do."
During a Blood Moon
- "This isn't a night where I feel like working."
- "Darling, could you keep an eye on the furniture? Stuff seems to be getting out of control for some reason."
- "The eerie redness of the sky does not look pretty on most of my decorations..."
- "Stay away from my statues!"
During a Party
- "Parties are fun! Hopefully one day, I can help make one which will catch the eye of the goddess I seek."
- "There's a lot of celebration today. Hopefully I can spice things up with my decorations!"
During a Solar Eclipse
- "It seems spooky out there, how about you stay inside my humble abode."
- "Hmm, maybe I can use those bits of cloth that some of those creatures have to make something."
When the Sea King is present
- "The great sea king I've heard many tales of... And you say that you found him inside a clam...? Oh my, isn't that pathetic now."
- "Do you think [Name of Sea King] knows anything about the sea deity I'm searching? It seems that old horse got a lot of knowledge about story."
When the Drunk Princess is present
- "I don't feel very comfortable with how close that 'Princess' gets to me when I'm showing her some decorations, I'm starting to think she wants to make food out of me by what she says...!"
- "The last time that [Name of Drunk Princess] got near my decorations, she tore off one of my bust's heads!"
If Anahita is currently active.
- "Oh my Xeroc! It's her! I have to wrap up preparations quickly!"
- "After all of my preparations, she is finally here! Anahita of the Tides!"
If Leviathan and Anahita have been defeated and Anahita isn't active
- "Oh! So you did find the location of the deity i'm searching for? Please explain in detail everything about them, i would love to start working on my offerings and monuments as soon as possible."
- "For some reason, the goddess' presence feels like it's weakened. I hope nothing bad happened to her."
If the player is wearing the Aquatic Heart
- "OH! Please, welcome yourself to my shop. I've been preparing these just for you."
- "You were successfully able to befriend the grand Water Elemental? I'm impressed."
If the player has the Strange Orb equipped
- "Awe, that little one is cute. She reminds me a lot of the deity I seek."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Jelly Priestess originated from a decorator NPC designing contest, which was won by Lucca.
- The name "Signathia" is a reference to a suggestion to rename Cnidrion to Signathion, due to Cnidrion being derived from Nidaria which is the scientific family for jellyfish and not for sea horses who are classified as Sygnathidae.
- Several of the Jelly Priestess' names are based on real life jellyfish:
- Several of the Jelly Priestess' names are also references to characters in other media who resemble cephalopods or jellyfish:
- The name "Eika" is a reference to a character of the same name from the Touhou Project series, whose design is based on jellyfish.
- The name "Mariacala" is a reference to the character Cala Maria from Cuphead.
- The name "Crasqua" is a reference to the Crabsquids from Subnautica.
- The name "Nidaria" is a reference to a jellyfish monster of the same name from the mobile game Monster Legends.
- The name "Ooma" is a reference to an infamous jellyfish enemy of the same name from the game Hollow Knight.
- The name "Feferi" is a reference to the character Feferi Peixes from Homestuck, a webcomic by Andrew Hussie.
Lore[edit | edit source]
A common jellyfish that took a different step on it's growth. The Jelly Priestess set on a search for finding Anahita. It isn't known where she heard tales about this deity, but she's focused on preparing a perfect place that would make Anahita feel like the goddess she was once praised as.