This item is dedicated to Yharex87 Reason: Developer (Spriter)
AstraEGGeldon is a craftable and an extremely hidden pet summoning item, which can also be dropped extremely rarely by Astral Slimes in Death Mode, or guaranteed from Supreme Calamitas in any mode if the player takes no damage during the fight. Taking damage restricts the drop to Death Mode and makes it much rarer. It summons Calamity BABY to follow the player. Getting hit while the pet is active and not having the Abandoned Slime Staff's minion active or exactly one Land Mine in your inventory will result in a cutscene playing where the pet will deem you as unworthy and summon most of the bosses that compose the pet's amalgamated design.
- The item can also be obtained from the Starter Bag if the player is named "Yharex87".
The following quotes appears only if you get hit without an active Abandoned Slime Staff's minion:
- "Congratulations, I see you are unworthy..."
- "If you only summoned Astrageldon I could spare you, but well"
- "GL surviving my power"
- "Next time call my friend if you want me to be your pet... or don't get hit."
- The Astral Slime's drop rate of 0.087% is a reference to the final characters in Yharex (the dedicatee)'s name.
- The pet has various references to the Astrageldon Slime, a removed boss which Yharex is a fan of.
- The tooltip's line about stop asking how it was born is a reference to the removed theme of the Calamity mod, Now Stop Asking Where. The theme was composed by the artist Turquoise and was used as Supreme Calamitas' theme before the theme Stained, Brutal Calamity was released.
- It is also a reference to the fact that a lot of players were constantly asking the artist DM DOKURO for a new theme of Supreme Calamitas before Stained, Brutal Calamity was released.
- The pet resembles a tiny version of the Calamity GOD, a joke which has revolved around the Calamity community, featuring an amalgamation of bosses together into one entity.
- The variable which triggers when the player is hit while fighting Supreme Calamitas is internally referred to as "MyDudeJustGotHitLikeTheIdiotItIs".
- Calamity BABY's dialogue is referred to as "EdgyTalk" in the mod's source files.
- Land Mines preventing Calamity BABY from enraging is a reference to how Yharex almost always dies due to stepping on Land Mines in server Hunger Game simulations.