|“Astral Blight Update”|
|Release date||April 1, 2021|
|← Previous||Current||Next →|
Update 8.0 was a major update that added a new biome known as the Astral Blight along with its own furniture sets and critters. It also added various April Fools gags and content that can only be experienced in the first week of April. The update also came with the addition of Monoliths, several new pets, and a few resprites.
Blocks, Furniture, and Walls
- Added Blighted Astral Brick, Blighted Astral Clay, Blighted Astral Dirt, Blighted Astral Ice, Blighted Astral Sand, Blighted Astral Sandstone, Hardened Blighted Astral Sand, Xenomonolith, Xenostone.
- Added Phantowax Door, Starstruck Synthesizer and Xenomonolith furniture.
- Added Blighted Astral Brick Wall, Blighted Astral Dirt Wall, Blighted Astral Grass Wall, Blighted Astral Ice Wall, Blighted Astral Sandstone Wall, Hardened Blighted Astral Sand Wall, Xenostone Wall.
- Added Aquatic Monolith, Calamitous Monolth, Dimensional Monolith, Infernal Monolith, Plague Monolith, Profaned Monolith. Respiration Shrine.
- Added Astral Jelly Jar, Bleamur Banner, and Gold Astral Jelly Jar.
- Added Blighted Astral Cactus, Blighted Astral Tree, Blighted Astral Palm, and Blighted Astral Tall Grass.
- Added a placeable version of the Calamitas Plushie.
Pets and Light Pets
- Added Auric Bottle, Bejeweled Spike, Cosmic Rapture, A Cube, Deep Sea Lantern, Doggo Collar, Inky Artifact, Old Tennis Ball, Slightly Moist, but also Slightly Dry Locket, and Stratus Astronaut.
- Added Superstitous Jewel and Wulfrum Transmitter.
Vanity Accessories and Sets
- Added Blighted Astral Solution and Yellow Solution.
- Added Nyanthrop and The Shade's Bane.
- Added Jungle Tyrant Jharim's Decapitated Head.
Pets and Light Pets
- The Acid Lamp's Sulphurous Skater Nymph can now pick up bubbles from Urchin Stinger's stealth strike, Sulphurous armor's set bonus, and bubbles spawned by the Cragmaw Mire.
- The Calamitous Soul Artifact now summons a mini Brimstone Monster in addition to the Sepulchling.
- Sightseers, Void Orb, Darksun Spirits, and Fleshtuloid now use glowmasks.
- Improved segment connections on worm pets.
- Wulfrum Control Panel no longer spawns a Wulfrum Pylon pet.
- The pets from the Wulfrum Control Panel are now supercharged and go considerably faster if the player is wearing the Wulfrum Transmitter.
- Most vanity accessories and sets can now be dropped in any mode.
- Removed all defiled drop chance increases from normal enemies.
- Astrum Aureus now has a 100% chance to drop Space Junk if killed with Abandoned Slime Staff.
- The Dragonfolly now has a 100% chance to drop the Extra Fluffy Feather Clump if killed with the BumbleDoge mount.
- Potted Xenomonoliths no longer drop from Astral enemies.
- Signus, Envoy of the Devourer now has a 100% chance to drop the Suspicious Looking Chinese Crown if killed with Pristine Fury.
- Armored Diggers no longer drop the Wulfrum Control Panel.
- All Wulfrum enemies can now drop the Wulfrum Control Panel.
- Wulfrum Pylons can now drop the Wulfrum Transmitter.
- Renamed Discarded Collar to Nutrient Deprived Salmon and changed its tooltip.
- Renamed Crushed Core to Sand Shark Filet.
- Renamed Purple Astral Tree to Potted Purple Xenomonolith.
- Tier 2 Acid Rain vanities now show up on tier 3's boss log while the Boss Checklist mod is enabled.
- Fighting Astrum Deus while in the Astral Blight biome or with the cube pet equipped now changes its sprite and allows it to drop the Blighted Deus Mask.
- The Steampunker now sells Blighted Astral Solution and the Starstruck Synthesizer.
- Bloodstone can now be placed without needing to craft a placeable variant.
- Bloodstone Brick, Chiseled Bloodstone Brick, and Wulfrum Plating now use stone noises when broken instead of dirt noises.
- Darksun Sigil no longer uses Ascendant Spirit Essence in its recipe and now uses the Ancient Manipulator instead of Draedon's Forge.
- Elemental Blaster now deals an additional 1 damage during the April Fools event.
- Reduced the sell price of The Holy Torch by 99%.
- The Jelly Priestess now sells the Murasama Blueprint EX if near or in the Underworld Bio-Center Lab.
- Added new dialogue to the Jelly Priestess if the player has the Strange Musical Note or Sirember equipped.
- Legendary weapons now have minor damage scaling during the April Fools event.
- Potted Fan Coral now emits light and counts as valid housing.
- The Oracle now sells Bubble Gum at all times if named "Rachel".
- Potted Xenomonoliths are now obtained by directly fishing in the Astral Blight instead of from Astral Crates.
- Profaned Butterfly Jars now use Bottles instead of Terrariums to craft.
- Lowered the amount of Forbidden Fragments needed to craft the Sand Shark Filet.
- The Starter Bag can now contain 5 Abyssal Isopods if the player is named "Spider" or "Spideradult".
- The Starter Bag can now contain 1 Deep Sea Lantern if the player is named "Maple", "Mathew", or "Mathew Maple" and no longer contains Angry Shroom if the player is named "Mathew Maple".
- Placing too many Stuck Orthoceras or Orthocera Jacuzzis in one area no longer change the background.
- Vaporoflies now have a glowmask.
- Violemur Statues now spawn Bleamurs if used in the Astral Blight.
- Most Wings can now be used to make Seraph Tracers.
- Wulfrum Tractor can now be supercharged by the Wulfrum Transmitter, making it significantly faster.
- Wearing a full set of Wulfrum armor, the Wulfrum Control Panel, Wulfrum Transmitter, and riding the Wulfrum Tractor all at once now renames Wulfrum Gyrators to "John Wulfrum".
- Resprited Dried Locket, Essence of Disorder, Geminga, Moist Locket,Storm Medal, and Strange Music Note pets.
- Resprited Core of Vanity, Nutrient Deprived Salmon, Plaguebringer Power Cell, Sand Shark Filet, Small Sand Plushie, Ugly Tentacle.
- Resprited Profaned Energy Hook.
- Resprited Amber Geode, Amethyst Geode, Crystal Geode, Diamond Geode, Emerald Geode, Ruby Geode, Sapphire Geode, and Topaz Geode.
- Fixed Bloodstone and Phantowax Lanterns being called Chandeliers on the minimap.
- Made sure that Cloud Candy's drop wasn't broken.
- Fixed Cragmaw Mires not dropping Nuclear Fumes in Normal Mode.
- Fixed transparency errors with Draedon's Hologram Dye.
- Fixed Haunted Pebble and Ionized Jelly Crystal displaying their entire spritesheet when used.
- Fixed Perennial Slimes being able to drop two Perennial Flowers.
- Fixed Ancient Perennial Tulip being unobtainable.
- Fixed Ravager dropping the Ancient Scavenger Hook in Normal Mode.
- Fixed Storm Weaver and Signus' pet items dropping in Normal Mode.
- Removed placeable Bloodstone.
- Poured a bucket of astral eggs on son.