|AI Type||Hydra AI|
|Max Life||4,000 / 8,000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- The Hydra Trophy(Ancients Awakened)10%
"You hear hissing somewhere nearby..."
The Hydra is a Pre-Hardmode boss fought in The Mire biome. She serves as an alternative to The Broodmother, the Eater of Worlds, and the Brain of Cthulhu, so that the player may obtain Abyssium and Hydra Hide.
The Hydra's body has 9999 defense, so attacking the heads is almost required. Once all her heads are destroyed, she will die.
- The Hydra spits Hydra Chows that explode on impact.
- The Hydra shoots flame from her heads.
- When one of her initial three heads is downed, it will divide in two. The split heads will not divide further.
- The Hydra can teleport if the player get too far away from her or her view of the player is obstructed.
- Staying close to the Hydra is optimal, as she can teleport if you get too far away from her or a block obstructs her view of you.
- After defeating the Hydra for the first time, a sinister music plays as a mysterious shadow watches the player for a while then vanishes. This shadow is revealed to be Haruka, who also watches the player in The Mire during daytime.
- The Hydra's theme is Abyssal Wrath, Which was composed by the artist SpectralAves.
- The Hydra is Haruka's mother.
- The Hydra originates as a monster in Greek Mythology, a multi-headed reptilian beast whose heads would divide if cut off without cauterizing the wounds. While the Hydra's heads split here, fire is not needed to kill her.
- The Hydra is receiving a significant overhaul in a future update, as well as being renamed and redesigned.