- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Spore Bag(Ancients Awakened) (30-35)100%
- Mushium(Ancients Awakened) (24-37)100%
- Mushpick(Ancients Awakened)25%
- Mushmallet(Ancients Awakened)25%
- Musharang(Ancients Awakened)25%
- Mushroom Bow(Ancients Awakened)25%
- Mushroom Monarch Trophy(Ancients Awakened)10%
- Mushroom Monarch Mask(Ancients Awakened)14.29%
...their king or something will come and attempt to run you down...
The Mushroom Monarch is a Pre-Hardmode boss. It is the first boss meant to be fought in the mod, and is considered the easiest boss.
The Mushroom Monarch has 2 major attack phases:
- Tries to run and ram into the player.
- Attempts to jump onto the player
- throughout the fight it drops mushrooms onto the ground that reduces health by 15 upon pickup.
The Mushroom Monarch can also summon Mushlings to assist it. It cannot summon Mushlings if there are already 4 active ones. If the Mushroom Monarch cannot reach the player, it will fly to them and temporarily gain the ability to go through blocks. If it reaches nighttime, the boss will fly away and despawn.
After being defeated at least once, Mushman will be able to move into a house.
- You can attempt to spawn Mushroom Monarch during the night with the Intimidating Looking Mushroom however it will despawn immediately and the item will be consumed.
- After being defeated, the Mushroom Monarch flies away.
- Picking up mushrooms cannot kill the player and will keep lowering their health, even into the negatives, until the player get hit, which will instantly kill them.
- Mushroom Monarch's theme is Fungal Face-off, which was composed by the artist SpectralAves.
- Due to how easy the boss is, it's considered to be a partial joke boss.
- There is an ongoing joke in the AA discord server regarding this boss with an image captioned "press space"
- Mushroom Monarch will be receiving a rework and a new appearance in a future update.