This article is about the NPC. For the Boss, see Anubis Legendscribe.
The Legendscribe is a Town NPC that can enter a house at any point in the game. Legendscribe is essentially the Ancients Awakened's version of the Guide, providing information about the Bosses the mod adds.
- 1 Quotes
- 1.1 When clicking 'What do I do now?':
- 1.2 Boss comments
- 1.2.1 When clicking 'Mushrooms. I'm serious'
- 1.2.2 When clicking 'More Mushrooms'
- 1.2.3 When clicking 'Get a Grip'
- 1.2.4 When clicking 'Deadweight Dragon'
- 1.2.5 When clicking 'Three-Headed Freak'
- 1.2.6 When clicking '3 Wishes'
- 1.2.7 When clicking 'Cool As Ice'
- 1.2.8 When clicking 'Ancient of Judgement'
- 1.2.9 When clicking 'Squakin' Headache'
- 1.2.10 When clicking 'What A Worm'
- 1.2.11 When clicking 'Hopping Hoodlum'
- 1.2.12 When clicking 'I demand a rematch.'
- 1.2.13 When clicking 'Harpy Hags are back'
- 1.2.14 When clicking 'Riches and R.I.P you'
- 1.2.15 When clicking 'More worm bosses goddammit.'
- 1.2.16 When clicking 'Terrible Twins'
- 1.2.17 When clicking 'Ancient of Fury'
- 1.2.18 When clicking 'Ancient of Wrath'
- 1.2.19 When clicking 'Ancient of Doom'
- 2 Names
- 3 Trivia
- "Have you seen my tail? I need to teach it a thing or two."
- "The Desert Djinn may be ripped but he's got nothing on me! Check it!"
- "Everyone asks me who's a good boy, but I'm upset because they never tell me who it is."
- "You wouldn't happen to be good at belly rubs would you?"
- "What creature do I hate most? Oh that's easy, King Slime. If that thing lands on you, good luck washing the slime out of your clothes or fur without a blowtorch."
- "For the thousandth time, I AM NOT A FURRY!"
- "Take this. It's an old artifact that will come in handy soon. It should direct you towards a...special place to the people of this world. read the plaques there. They'll tell you what to do. We got some work to do if we want to clear out some of the major evils in the world." (This appears after defeating his awakened form. He'll then give you the Worm Idol.)
When clicking 'What do I do now?':
- "I dunno? Ask me about any strong creatures you can fight currently."
- "Those floating islands to the east freak me out. They're just...there. I think there's some houses on them, but I'm not going up there."
- "Underneath the lake in the mire are some pods of...something. I don't really want to know what that Hydra thing eats. I wouldn't break them either, that lizard gets feisty when something messes with her food."
- "The Volcano in the inferno gets pretty active at night for some reason. Maybe you could get through if you made some kind of cover out of those Hydra claws? they seem to not be affected by that ash..."
- "I dunno? Ask me about any strong creatures you can fight currently."
When clicking 'Mushrooms. I'm serious'
Before Mushroom Monarch Is defeated
- "Hey, you know all these little red mushrooms growing everywhere? i hear if you squish a bunch of them together and wave them around, their king or something will come and attempt to run you down. I gotta see that."
- "...that was it?"
When clicking 'More Mushrooms'
Before Feudal Fungus Is defeated
- "The glowing mushroom caves always makes me feel loopy for some reason. Anyways, you want better magic abilities? There's a big mushroom monster that has some great magic abilities fused into it. Just plug your nose while you're down there."
- "Nice work. Now be honest, how high are you right now?"
When clicking 'Get a Grip'
Before Grips of Chaos are defeated
- "Those flying claws at night are a nightmare to deal with, and they freak me out. I've come across these two REEEEEEEEALLY big ones. Maybe if you kill them, the little ones will bugger off. Maybe killing a few of them and showing that you have in some way will call them down."
- "Nice job taking down those giant hands. Maybe the little ones will finally leave me alone for once."
When clicking 'Deadweight Dragon'
Before Broodmother is defeated
- "Like dragons? No? Too bad. You want better gear? You gotta go kill of this HUGE dragon made of lava. She is big, scary and WAAAAAAAAY too fat to fly, but she does anyways."
- "That was the fattest dragon I've ever seen in my life."
When clicking 'Three-Headed Freak'
Before Hydra is defeated
- "The Mire has always been a gathering spot for all the nastiest lizards, but there's a really big one there, and it's got three heads. She's really grouchy all the time, and anytime I try to go into her den, she tries to EAT me!"
- "Good riddance. That hydra can't seem to lay off. At least her daughter is a bit of mellow...huh? Who? I'll explain later, good job."
When clicking '3 Wishes'
Before Desert Djinn is defeated
- "THAT SON OF A-- Oh, hi. Sorry, I was just a little bit angry about a little tussle I had with the desert djinn. That magical meathead and his goons have to stop flexing their muscles on me. Could you go teach em' a thing or two?"
- "Hah! Who's tough now you sandy sadsack!"
When clicking 'Cool As Ice'
Before Subzero Serpent is defeated
- "Snakes, why does it always have to be snakes? I hate 'em! Whatever, in the tundra recently, there have been these snow serpents that won't leave me alone. Could ya play exterminator and find out what they're doing?"
- "Hope you didn't get any 'FROSTBITES'! *Buh-dum-tish* ...yeah I know that was lame."
When clicking 'Ancient of Judgement'
Before Anubis is defeated
- "I hear there's this lorekeeper guy that's really jacked and handsome, and all the ladies love him for his amazing soul-judging abilities. What a guy."
- "You could have gone easier on me, ya know. My back still hurts from that.
When you don't have Ra's Scepter in your inventory
- "You LOST the scepter?! I can't go handing these things like candy, you know! Anyways, here's another one."
When clicking 'Squakin' Headache'
Before Athena is defeated
- "You know those screechin' harpies up in the sky? Well there are these REALLY obnoxious ones called seraphs who just WILL NOT SHUT UP!!! They have a leader in that sky palace to the east. Maybe if you give her the ol' one-two, they'll shut their yappers."
- "Thank the Equinox, you shut those annoying little squakers up! I was about to roast one of them over a spit and have fried chicken for dinner if they shrieked at me one more time."
When clicking 'What A Worm'
Before Greed is defeated
- "Hey uh, there's this HUGE hoard of treasure underground somewhere with lots of gold in it, but it's guarded by this really stingy worm. You should go check it out for a boatload of booty, but uh... there's something of mine down there. Could you go get it for me? Don't worry, when you see it, you'll know it's mine."
- "Hey uh... did you find my thing yet? No? Just dig around in that pile of loot down there, I'm sure it's there somewhere."
When you give The Life and Epic Adventures of Anubis the Wonder Dog! to Anubis
- "You got it! My limited edition copy of my esteemed biography! Thanks, pal. You know what? As a gift, you can have it. Here, I'll even autograph it for you. ...Whoops, I accidentally used my runic quill to sign it. Oh well, now it's magic."
When clicking 'Hopping Hoodlum'
Before Rajah Rabbit is defeated
- "Hey, you know those bunnies that hop around all the time? I uh... I wouldn't harass them if I were you. There's a legend around here of a sort of 'Guardian' of sorts that protects from the danger. Why is it a legend? Because apparently nobody has fought this thing and lived. Neat story, eh?"
- "You bested Rajah? Pft, yeah right, I've seen him trounce supposed gods before, there's no way you beat him..!"
When clicking 'I demand a rematch.'
Before Anubis; Forsaken Judge is defeated
- "I want a rematch, (Name of the Player). Not because of my pride, either. I need to make sure you're ready for what's ahead. Meet me in the desert and fight again. And be ready."
- "You did good, pal. I'm pretty impressed, even though I was still holding back. Huh? My full power..? Like I said earlier, some things should stay locked away for your own good."
When clicking 'Harpy Hags are back'
Before Olympian Athena is defeated
- "Hey, did that annoying little witch find you? Sorry for telling her where you were, she wouldn't stop screeching in my ear. Anyways, looks like Athena wants a rematch. Stay on your guard, bud. This seems like a trap."
- "Huh? What's a Varian, you ask? That's something I haven't heard in years... so long ago I barely even remember the name. Although I do recall something about another one kicking around somewhere..."
When clicking 'Riches and R.I.P you'
Before Worm King Greed is defeated
- "You know, I remember a story about ol' grabby-mc-steal-your-crap. When he first showed up in these parts, he was much stronger then he was when you kicked his rear end. Maybe he got weaker as time went on..? Or maybe...nah, that couldn't be it."
- "So he WAS hiding his true power all along. I wonder why, though... could he be hiding from something, perhaps..?"
When clicking 'More worm bosses goddammit.'
Before Equinox Worms is defeated
- "Like worms? Me neither, but guess what? There are 2 big ones that control the flow of day and night, and they're tough buggers. Good luck."
- "Nice job taking on the Equinox Worms. I could tell you did because it's like a week later now. I hope I didn't miss my nurse's appointment."
When clicking 'Terrible Twins'
Before Sisters of Discord is defeated
- "Remember ol' Brood and Hydra? Well, those two have daughters. And MAN they're annoying..! Everytime I go into the chaos biomes, those two are just waiting to ruin my day! Can you go give em' the ol' one-two?"
- "Nice, you taught those two spoiled brats a lesson! Those two didn't see it coming!"
When clicking 'Ancient of Fury'
Before Akuma is defeated
- "Why would anyone call a sun serpent a demon? I have no idea personally... but Akuma has got to go. He always glasses my deserts with his flame breath and it pisses me off..."
- "Akuma thinks he's edgy. To me, he just comes across as trying to be way too cool and failing. Anyways, might wanna run some water through your hair. You got a little singed up there."
When clicking 'Ancient of Wrath'
Before Yamata is defeated
- "Yamata, the whiny nit! He complains about everything, he WON'T SHUT UP, LIKE SERIOUSLY, YOU try and deal with seven obnoxiously loud dragon heads that chatter constantly and talk over each other!"
- "Thanks for shutting up that 7-headed sissy. He makes me want to tear my fur out."
When clicking 'Ancient of Doom'
Before Zero is defeated
- "You know the void? Those spooky floating islands to the east? There's a BIG scary machine that's always just floating up there. Anyways, after you slammed the moon lord, I heard a massive shockwave coming from the void. Could you check it out for me?"
- "...I'll be honest. I don't like what that thing said after it died one bit."
- Legendscribe will always be named Anubis, sharing the trait of having one name with Santa Claus and Goblin Slayer.
- His visual appearance, name, and design is based on the Egyptian god of the dead, Anubis.
- Despite this, his personality is vastly different, being more laid-back and goofy.
- Some of Legendscribe's quotes about bosses reference certain parts of this mod's lore, which some of them are associated with other mods as well.
- Anubis doesn't have any boss info about Truffle Toad, Sagittarius, Rajah Rabbit, Champion of the Innocent and Shen Doragon.
- Anubis' quote about Zero's defeat doesn't appear for some reason, it might be bugged.