|AI Type||Akuma AI|
|Damage||140 / 168|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Crucible Scale(Ancients Awakened) (30 - 39)100%
- Draconian Terratool(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Dawnstrike(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Daybreak Arrow(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Daycrusher(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Daystorm(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Dragon Shiv(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Ancient Lung Staff(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Morning Glory(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Radiant Dawn(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Reign of Fire(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Solar(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Solar Staff(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Sunstorm(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Sun Partisan(Ancients Awakened)7%
- Akuma Trophy(Ancients Awakened)1%
"Heh, I hope you’re ready to feel the fury of the blazing sun kid."
Akuma is a Post-Moon Lord Ancient boss fought during the day. He is summoned using a Draconian Sun Sigil during the day at the Pagoda of the Rising Sun in The Inferno biome. He is a counterpart to Yamata.
Akuma behaves like a Wyvern enemy, but at a faster speed than a regular Wyvern. His head must be hit in order to deal significant damage, as his other body parts massively reduce damage taken. He must be fought during the day, otherwise he will despawn.
- Breathes Dragonfire from his head, similar to a Flamethrower attack.
- Summons Ancient Lungs.
- Fires a wave of homing fireballs at the player which can explode into exploding homing flames.
- Shoots a large fireball at the player from his head.
- Rains a storm of fiery meteors from the sky near the player.
- Summons several invincible Draconian Suns that float in the air and fire explosive shots at the player. These vanish after a bit.
Akuma before battling and in both of his forms feature many quotes. These quotes either alarm the player of an impending attack or are simply there for dialogue.
- "Geez kid. Can't a dragon get a little shut-eye? Come back in the morning." (When attempting to summon at Night)
- "You can only use that sigil in the inferno, kid." (When attempting to summon outside the Inferno during the Day)
- ''Hey kid, that rune only works once, ya know.'' (When attempting to summon while Akuma is already alive)
- "Heh, I hope you are ready to feel the fury of the blazing sun kid." (When summoned before defeating him)
- "Back for more kid? Don't you have better things to do? You already beat me once. Alright, but I won't go easy on you." (when Akuma is summoned after defeating him)
- "Face the flames of despair, kid!" (firing homing fireballs)
- "Heads up, kid!" (firing homing fireballs)
- "Spirits of the volcano! Help me crush this kid!" (summoning an Ancient Lung for the first time)
- "Hey kid, watch out!" (firing a large fireball)
- "Incoming!" (firing a large fireball)
- "Hey kid! Sky's falling, watch out!" (raining down fiery meteors)
- "Down comes fire and fury!" (raining down fiery meteors)
- "Sun's shining, and there's no shade to be seen, kid!" (summoning Draconian Suns)
- "Getting hotter, ain't it?" (summoning Draconian Suns)
- "I thought you terrarians put up more of a fight. Guess not." (When the player is defeated or when they teleport out of the Inferno)
- "Hmpf, you're pretty good kid, but not good enough. Come back once you've gotten a bit better." (When Akuma is defeated in Normal Mode)
Awakened Phase: Oni Akuma
|AI Type||Akuma AI|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
"Fanning the flames doesn't put them out... IT ONLY MAKES THEM STRONGER!"
Once defeated in Expert Mode, Akuma only drops hearts. However, Akuma turns into a Soul of Fury which transitions into his Expert-exclusive Awakened phase. He inflicts the Scorching Pain debuff on all players for the duration of the fight, doubling the damage taken from all fire-based debuffs. Oni Akuma additionally does not despawn at nighttime, unlike his normal phase.
Oni Akuma follows a fixed attack pattern.
- At the start of the fight, Akuma summons Ashe to his side. She will be invincible for the whole fight, occasionally appearing to fire explosive meteors.
- Breathes Blue Dragonfire from his head similar to his first form.
- Breathes blue fireballs that explode into several homing flares after travelling a certain distance.
- Flies above the player and rains a storm of deadly rocks on top of them.
- Fires a death ray from his mouth, telegraphed by a warning beam.
- Fires death rays perpendicular to all his segments, telegraphed by more warning beams.
- Swoops under the player and fires many meteors upwards, which rain down after a short delay.
- "You know, kid..."
- "Fanning the flames doesn't put them out..."
- "IT ONLY MAKES THEM STRONGER!" (Oni Akuma appears)
- "Atta-girl--!" (When Ashe appears)
- "Cutting right to the chase, I see..? Alright then, prepare for hell!" (when Oni Akuma is directly summoned using the Draconian Rune)
- "Nighttime won't save you from me this time, kid! The day is born anew!" (when it reaches nighttime while fighting Oni Akuma)
- "Sky's fallin' again! On your toes!" (raining down fiery meteors)
- "Down comes the flames of fury again!" (raining down fiery meteors)
- "Flames don't give in until the end!!" (shooting homing fireballs)
- "You underestimate the artillery of a dragon, kid!" (shooting homing fireballs)
- "INCOMING!" (raining down fiery rocks)
- "Heads up! Volcano's eruptin', kid!" (raining down fiery rocks)
- "What?! How have you lasted this long?! Why you little...! I refuse to be bested by a terrarian again! Have at it!" (when Oni Akuma reaches 100,000 health when he hasn't been defeated previously)
- "Still got it, do you? Ya got fire in your spirit! I like that about you, kid!" (when Oni Akuma reaches 100,000 health when refought)
- "You just got burned, kid." (When the player is defeated during Akuma's Awakened phase)
- "GRAH..! HOW!? HOW COULD I LOSE TO A MERE MORTAL TERRARIAN? Hmpf... Fine kid, you win, fair and square. Here's your reward." (When Oni Akuma is defeated for the first time)
- "Heh, not too shabby this time, kid. I'm impressed. Here. Take your prize." (when Oni Akuma is defeated after being defeated once)
- "Nice. You cheated. Now come fight me in expert mode like a real man." (when Oni Akuma is defeated in Normal Mode)
- The ash rain in The Inferno is lifted, thus the biome can be explored at will.
- Akuma drops Draconian Sun Rune in Expert Mode, which can be used to initiate his awakened phase instantly.
- If Yamata is also defeated, Shen Doragon can be challenged by crafting Chaos Sigil, and can be used in the pagoda or the lake.
- Akuma’s name is a literal translation of the word “Devil” in Japanese.
- Akuma, unlike most worm bosses, uses Wyvern-like AI, instead of Destroyer-like AI.
- Akuma was the second ancient to be added to the mod.
- Akuma is based on an eastern representation of a dragon, known as a lung.
- Akuma resembles the scrapped mobile-exclusive enemy, the Mythical Wyvern.
- As of the 1.0 update, the AI for Oni Akuma was created and overhauled by Terry N. Muse, the same mind behind the Mutant.
- Like Yamata, Akuma is also confirmed getting a personality rework